Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Painting 019 - 5/19

Click for bigger image
Oil on canvasboard
8"x10"
In an effort to make up for the previous painting, I painted my bag and tried to really make it work. I like the results quite a bit, actually, though there are of course things I could have done better. I especially am happy with the light on the bag.

As I go forward, I'm realizing that I have less and less patience for the texture of canvas. While this is something I noticed in the past year as I worked on my thesis, the more practice I get with it, the more I realize I actually dislike it. I need to experiment a little more with gessoing different surfaces, masonite and illustration board as well as canvasboard, but I really don't think there's anything keeping me from moving away from textured surfaces.

(Apart from the 21 blank canvasboards stacked and ready to go.)

No comments:

Post a Comment